Artificial intelligence endeavors to simulate human intelligence. It has immense potential in cybersecurity. Digitization has transformed business operations. The growing reliability and dependency on the digital platform have simplified business operations. But, at the same time, it exposed us to a virtual world plagued by data breaches and theft. In 2022 around 2000 Indian websites were hacked.
These data breaching attempts impact the organization financially. It also exposes an individual’s personal information to the World Wide Web. Confidentiality is the key when we talk about using a digital platform. So how do we address that?
The work of improving an organization’s cyber security is no longer a workable task by a human. It requires specialized techniques and tools to address the growing vulnerabilities. Here comes the role of Artificial Intelligence.
Artificial intelligence finds many applications across different business segments. The role of artificial intelligence and the cyber security market is bound to grow. Let’s explore the future of AI in cyber security in this blog.
Understanding more about artificial intelligence
To understand the role of AI in cyber security, let’s understand some of the core concepts of AI. Lets know the features that make it useful in enhancing cybersecurity.
AI trains machines to behave like a human. It works on the data in the system. Based on it, artificial intelligence tools derive the right inferences. A study by Cybernet shows that around 95% of cyber security breaches are because of human error.
Around 88% of the organizations witnessed the phishing attack in 2019. The number hasn’t stopped in 2022 also. All this indicates a growing need for a solution to lessen the probability of data breach attempts.
Basics AI Functions
To have a closer look at the functioning of AI in cybersecurity, one must know its key features. AI comprehends the data and programs a machine so that it can perform like a human. It should be able to detect the threat and prepare the right plan to overcome the same.
It replicates human behavior, analyses the data, processes it, and takes the necessary action.
What are the structuring points of AI programming?
A typical AI programming works on the following processes:
- Learning – It includes collecting all the information. This data is used to develop rules that help transform the data into actionable programs.
- Reasoning – This involves selecting the right algorithmic program to take the appropriate action.
- Self-correction – This part deals with intuitive functioning, where the program improves its performance. This aspect focuses on refining algorithms to improve performance intuitively.
AI is transforming industries across the globe. The growing penetration of artificial intelligence makes it one of the most trending career opportunities. Using the right AI tools makes the system more efficient. You can also make changes to the program, thus making it more secure. Let’s explore more about how artificial intelligence in the cybersecurity market is transforming and bringing revolutionary change.
How can artificial intelligence in cybersecurity be a game changer?
Every company is looking to automate its business process so that it can focus on its core function. With the rapid digitization and use of digital platforms by people, the significance of providing a secure platform increases. Here comes the role of AI. Artificial intelligence has a dual role to play when it comes to data. It needs to protect the organization’s confidential and sensitive information and provide safe and secured data storage.
Let’s understand more about how artificial intelligence can help in enhancing the security features of a system:
- Comprehends network behavior- One of the key features of artificial intelligence is that it uses machine learning and deep learning to understand the behavior of the network and identifiable patterns. This helps in figuring out the problem areas or the red flags.
- Handling a large volume of data- When it comes to data handling artificial intelligence is powerful enough to handle a large volume of data. AI can use large data collections for detecting potential threats.
- Eliminates repeating patterns easily- Since AI works on the data collected and it is able to identify the behavior from the data, it is useful in detecting the repetitive tactics and patterns of cybercriminals. Although cyber criminals may change their method of attacking the system, certain aspects remain consistent. A powerful AI system will be able to detect the same.
Syncing together AI into a cybersecurity system:
Even working professionals can think about diversifying their skill set by upgrading their knowledge. With the data science certification course for working professionals, you can learn new skill that gives you a competitive edge.
- Keeps the organization up-to-date- One of the significant roles of AI is to provide updated information on the data, hardware and software, user behavior and performances. It ensures better monitoring of the system. It also imitates improved and innovative security practices. This helps the organization figure out the system’s vulnerabilities and take the necessary actions to close the loopholes.
- Effective control- An efficient AI program also figures out the improvement areas which eventually helps in enhancing the system’s security by taking the necessary measures.
- Explanation – Artificial intelligence can also be programmed to assess the system and make them more effective. It also provides legitimate explanations that are important for the company stakeholders. This helps the company acquire newer measures and steps to make the system more efficient and effective.
How Artificial Intelligence in cybersecurity beneficial?
One of the key challenges that any data security expert has to address is to detect newer vulnerabilities or changes in the system. They must figure out the problem areas and take the necessary measures before the system becomes more vulnerable to attackers.
With the AI-integrated system, you will get a continuous update on the new Artificial Intelligence Software and hardware and the system’s behavior. This helps in detecting the problem areas. Here are some of how AI functions in cybersecurity
- Detecting newer threats – As we have shown above, hackers try to change their hacking strategies. However, some of these remain the same. With an effective AI program, it becomes easier to comprehend and identify this behavior and take the necessary action by alerting the security team of the organization.
- Bot blocking – Bots have become very common. Many of these pose a threat to a system. AI programs can offer an easy way to comprehend the organic traffic pattern and filter out scams. It can discern allowable boards like search engine crawlers. This helps the security team assess the organic traffic on the page.
- Predicting the breach – AI programs can monitor the system’s vulnerabilities, helping the security team predict the potential breach in the system. Many AI programs are powerful enough to solve IT security challenges.
- Endpoint protection – As work from home and remote work has become common, ensuring endpoint protection has become critical for organizations. Companies allowing work from home or remote work emphasize creating a secure system. AI programs identify behavior patterns, Geolocation, and time zone to determine suspicious activities.
Growing inclination towards AI
The application of artificial intelligence in cyber security is no more limited to the white paper. Many organizations have already implemented the strategies, ensuring a complete and a safe digital experience for the users. Some prominent names included in this list are IBM, Google, Juniper networks, and others
- An AI system is efficient in detecting potential threats and even figuring out the new breach attempts made by cybercriminals.
- It automates tedious tasks and thereby increases the productivity of the organization.
- Integrating artificial intelligence into cyber security is a positive step in creating a safe virtual experience.
Role of data science
While AI is touted to be the next big thing, other technologies are coupled with artificial intelligence to provide effective results. Data science and data analytics is playing a significant role here.
This wider applicability of AI in cyber security has made machine learning and artificial intelligence job trend in 2022. A similar trend is observed in the times to come. Hence, if you are planning to make a career in artificial intelligence or see yourself as a cyber security expert, having expertise in artificial intelligence and machine learning, along with data science is paramount.
With the right data science certification course, you get an understanding of the core concepts of data science, data analytics, a complete overview of artificial intelligence, and its practical applications in real-life cases.
Is data science hard to learn?
This is a common question that ponders in the mind of every individual. However, with the right platform for learning, things become easier and simplified. Pickl offers a unique data science learning experience for freshers and working professionals. This data science curriculum has been prepared by experts and professionals who have leveraged their expertise in several organizations. As a part of this curriculum, you also learn about artificial intelligence, machine learning, and python programming language.
With the data science certification, it will be easier for you to gain a competitive edge and find a suitable role in the data science realm. With more than 11.5 million job opportunities unfolding by 2025, this field is all set to become one of the most sought-after careers. So, join the data science certification course and fast-forward your career.