Python is one of the most promising careers that shows an upward trend in 2023. One of the most user-friendly and easy-to-learn languages, Python is the preferred language for Data Scientists. If you’re an aspiring programmer and want to ace your interview as a programmer or a Data Scientist, preparing yourself with the right interview questions is essential. Therefore, the following blog provides you with the top 15 python interview questions and answers for freshers.
Basics of Python Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers
What is Python?
Python is a high-level programming language designed primarily for developing apps and websites. In the field of Rapid Application Development (RAD), it is the core language that offers dynamic binding and dynamic typing.
What are the benefits of Python?
The benefits of Python are as follows:
- Speed and Productivity: Utilising productivity and speed enhances more excellent processes of control capabilities and possesses strong integration.
- Extensive support for libraries: Python supports its extensive libraries, including operating systems, web service tools, internet protocols, etc.
- User-friendly Data Structures: the programming language has its dictionary of data structures that helps build fast and user-friendly data structures.
- Existence of Third-Party Modules: third-party modules exist in the Python Package Index (PyPI) and can interact with other platforms.
- Effortless Learning: the programming language ensures excellent readability, making it easy for beginners to learn.
What are the key features of Python?
- Interpreted Language: Python programming language that is also useful as an interpreted language for the line-by-line execution of code.
- Highly Portable: significantly, Python is highly portable, considering it can run on several platforms like Unix, Macintosh, Linux, Windows, etc.
- Extensible: effectively, one of the most significant features of python is that it can be compiled with various other languages, including C++, C and others.
- GUI Programming Support: Python is a supportive programming language that helps develop a Graphical User Interface.
What are the Applications of Python?
Applications of Python can be found in different fields, which include the following:
- GUI-Based Desktop Applications
- Business and Enterprise Applications
- Web and Web Framework
- Application in Image Processing
What is the difference between a list and a tuple in Python?
The differences between a List and a Tuple include the following:
- A list is mutable, which means it can be changed
- The performance of an index is slower
- Syntax of a list can be: list_1 = [20, ‘Mindmajix,’ 30]
- A tuple is not mutable, implying that, unlike lists, it cannot be changed
- The performance of a tuple in comparison to a list is faster
- Syntax: tup_1 =(20, ‘Mindmajix,’ 30)
What do you understand by the term PEP8?
PEP is an abbreviation for Python Enhancement Proposal, the latest convention in the coding world. PEP8 focuses on how the formatting of Python code can take place to enhance readability.
How is memory management done in Python?
- In Python, using private heap space is essential for memory management. Accordingly, the private heap is the storage area for data structures, projects, and other objects. Effectively, the interpreter of the code has access to the data storage; without the private heap, it is inaccessible to the programmer.
- Further, the memory manager is responsible for allocating the storage for storing the data structures and the objects in Python. Accessing some tools for programmers to code is provided by the core API.
- Significantly, the recycling all unused memory is done by the built-in garbage collector, ensuring that storage is available for private heap in Python.
Differences between Java vs Python
The differences between Java and Python need to focus on differences in the various functions that both programming languages have as follows:
- Coding: Java uses a longer form of code for printing something, while Python uses smaller and simpler codes.
- Syntax: a semicolon at the end of each statement and curly brackets is essential for coding in java. On the other hand, Python requires indentation to improve code readability.
- Dynamicity: essentially, Coding in Java requires the declaration of the type for each variable, while in the case of Python, codes are typed in a dynamic manner known as duck typing.
- User-friendly: effectively, the more extensive use of coding makes it difficult for java to easy to use, while Python is highly user-friendly and performs coding quite easily.
- Databases: significantly, Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) is highly popular and is commonly used by programmers. Significantly, access to Python database layers is weaker than Java.
What are the built-in types available in Python?
The built-in types available in Python are
- Complex numbers,
- Floating-point numbers,
- Built-in functions
What are Python Decorators?
Programmers use Python Decorators to alter changes in the behaviour of a class or function. It is a design pattern in Python that adds new functionality to the existing object without any modification to the data structure.
Explain what a flask is and its benefits.
Flask is a popular Python web framework that allows developers to create web applications quickly and easily. It will enable you to build web applications using tools, libraries, and technologies. Flask is a lightweight and flexible framework that provides developers with the tools to build scalable and modular web applications. Flask has no dependencies on external libraries.
Is Django better than flask?
Flask is simpler than Django, which helps map the URLs or web addresses typed in browsers. Flask requires you to specify every detail, while Django does not require much effort. Furthermore, Django consists of prewritten codes that are difficult to understand, but Flask allows you to create your code, making it simpler to understand. Thus, both are equally good.
What is the difference between NumPy and SciPy?
- NumPy refers to numerical python with new scientific computing features but less than SciPy. SciPy stands for Scientific Python, which has majorly new scientific computing features.
- Additionally, Numpy contains fewer functions in linear algebra, while SciPy has a highly featured version of linear algebra and other numerical algorithms.
- NumPy has a faster processing speed than SciPy.
How do we find bugs and statistical problems in Python?
PyChecker can help detect bugs and statistical problems in Python, a static analysis tool. Significantly, another tool called PyLint also helps check Python modules, ensuring that it meets the coding standards.
What do you understand by the term namespace in Python?
A namespace refers to a system with a unique design that provides unique names for every object in Python. Significantly, python has three types of the namespace: local namespace, global namespace and built-in namespace.
Thus, the above Python Interview questions and answers can be helpful for you to prepare for your following interview. If you’re a beginner in the industry, you can consider prepping yourself following the above python interview questions for freshers. Additionally, if you want to develop your skills in the programming language, you can opt for Python for Data Science by Pickl.AI. Furthermore, you can also choose to become a Data Scientist by opting for a Data Science course by Pickl.AI. Essentially, you can become proficient in Python by pursuing a Data Science course and ace the interview with active preparation following the basics of python interview questions.